Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Evernight Mad Libs

I remember being a young girl and loving when the book fair would come to school. I would bring my envelope of money my mom gave me and peruse the shelves, grabbing copies of Beverly Cleary books, and perhaps a reprint of a Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys.

But the thing I loved the most? Mad Libs! My friends and I would sit around, filling up the whole book in a matter of hours, leaving us wanting until the next book fair.

A few weeks ago, I had found an "Adult" Mad Libs in my local bookstore and there was just no way I wasn't buying that sucker! Then, I found out today that the co-creator of Mad Libs, Leonard B. Stern died this past week.

In honor of the many hours of fun that man gave me, I pulled out the Adult Mad Libs, and asked my fellow Evernight Authors to help me fill in the blanks. Here is our finished masterpiece:

Beware the Freaks
©2005 Chamberlain Brothers

Dear Dating Diva,

I really need some RADIANT advice. This STRONG guy and I were INVIGORATING last week when I discovered he has three ASS CHEEKS! At first, I thought I could SHAKE with it, but now I just think it's really SQUEAKY. He's called me several times since the incident, asking me out on another PIG. I'm SWEETLY lonely.

Should I try to get over this?

Signed,
CLUMSILY Confused

Dear CLUMSILY Confused,

You should see a professional HORSE about this LUSTY problem.

Thanks go out to Delilah Hunt, Avril Ashton, Jayne Fresina, Angelina Rain, Pepper Anthony, London St. James, and Karyn Gerrard for playing along with me and my freakish need to Mad Lib today :)

RIP Mr Stern...you taught me at an early age that words had the power to bring people together and make them laugh, and I will be forever appreciative of what you have given me.

~Alexandra O'Hurley

7 comments:

D. F. Krieger said...

LOL, that's just too funny! Too bad I was running errands all day, or I would have participated.

Also, great way to give homage to Mr. Stern. I think he'd be proud.

Carolyn Rosewood said...

That's awesome! :)

London Saint James said...

Awesome Mad Lib! Alexandra, as always, you rock! Mr. Stern would be proud.

Angelina Rain said...

This was so funny. I used to LOVE Mad Libs when I was a kid. Thanks for sharing this Alex.

Shannan Albright said...

Oh, that was good. My sides hurt from laughing. Thanks Alex for sharing this with us.

Avril Ashton said...

LOL, too funny!

delilahhunt said...

It was fun!