Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Time...

Christmas Time...


My favorite part of the season is cooking for my friends and family. I come from a Greek/Italian family, and for us cooking is like breathing. Christmas Eve is our big celebration. I prepare food - pasta, calamari, shrimp cocktail, Greek salad and stuffed grape leaves - just to name a few. Of course, there is the preparation of baked goods - Italian and Greek cookies. I love the aroma of all the spices in the kitchen as the dishes come together. With my house decked out to the hilt with decorations, I await the arrival of my friends and family while listening to holiday tunes.

And then when the celebrating is finished, and the guests have made their way home, I pull out the traditional Christmas jammies I purchased for me, my son, and hubby. We put them on and sit in front of the TV watching A Christmas Story. And I look at what God has blessed me with - the two wonderful men in my life - and really do believe it is a wonderful life!

Happy Holidays!

RM Sotera
www.rmsotera.com

No comments: