Friday, January 25, 2013

Manlove Appreciation fom Marie Medina

Genre: Alternative (MM) Paranormal Romance

Heat Level: 4

Word Count: 10, 500

ISBN: 978-1-77130-123-7

Editor: Karyn White

Cover Artist: Sour Cherry DesignsI began writing m/m romance because my writing partner made some positive comments about a gay character in one of my novels. He said he loved the character, especially the support system of loved ones he had around him. As I wrote my first m/m story, I found it wasn’t so different from my other romances, just as my science fiction and paranormal stories hadn’t been dramatically altered when I introduced romance into them.


I enjoyed exploring the different kinds of relationship conflicts the genre presented, but more than anything I loved my characters. I had so much fun exploring their developing feelings and discovering their happy ending. It was fun, which is why I write in the first place. Yes, writing m/m is different from writing a traditional male-female romance because I have to consider different factors as I develop the characters and the story, but the same can be said when I switch from m/m to ménage, or when I switch from historical to contemporary.


In the end, I want my characters to grow in some way and find love, no matter whom that love is with. I don’t think love should have any boundaries, and writing m/m (as well as m/m/f ménage) has given me more opportunities to explore love and all the possibilities of human relationships.

You can find Marie here.

No comments: