Thursday, December 12, 2013

25 Days of #HotHolidayHints: Day 12 with Carlene Love Flores



We all have that one person on our holiday shopping list who is almost impossible to shop for! Author Carlene Love Flores has the answer for you with an easy DIY gift idea on day 12 of 25 Days of Hot Holiday Hints. Leave Carlene a comment for a chance to win a $5 Evernight gift certificate. We're giving one away each day!


Can you believe it’s Day 12 already??? Me neither, but I’m really digging all these great holiday tips and I’ll have Raven McAllan know that starting November of next year, I too will be collecting “loo” cardboard roles. Can’t wait to see the looks on my boys’ faces when they see them start to pile up.



In the spirit of being a helpful Evernight author, I’ve gone straight to one of the most talented members of my family for a homemade gift Holiday Hint. She is my eleven-year-old cousin and she rocks! J  She made me this gorgeous Arm-Knitted Infinity scarf and when I asked how long it took her to make it, she said twenty minutes! I’m not a knitter (although the sisters in my Sin Pointe novels are which is why I loved this idea) so I’d never heard of arm-knitting. When I asked Little Miss if she’d invented the technique, she smiled and did her best not to chuckle at my ignorance. Turns out my crafty little cousin taught herself after watching a YouTube video! And now it’s our turn. We have twelve days left until Christmas Eve and I think we can do it. My favorite gifts are the homemade ones. Don’t you love those too? So what do you think, ready to give it a whirl? Please enjoy this YouTube video and let me know if you decide to try it out.



But above all else, be safe, be warm, be fulfilled and be “you” during this holiday season.

 …Now to go steal my pretty black and grey scarf back from Ben…He’s the unique, adorable hero from my newest Sin Pointe book which just released on Thanksgiving Day. I suppose the first one I make will have his name on it. Hugs and smiles.



Sin’s Haven (A Sin Pointe Novel, Book 3) Blurb:
When Sin Pointe webmaster, Benjamin Wright, is publicly humiliated on his birthday, he knows he’s never gonna be able to show his face around the guys again. But an angelic hostess who lets him sleep it off at the club seems surprisingly eager to help him out. Is his luck changing or does she just feel sorry for him?

Hazel Temple, bagel mistress by day and club hostess by night, feels horrible for inadvertently playing a part in Ben’s embarrassment and vows to make it up to him—by telling him they had a sizzling hot one night stand. Still recovering from losing her fiancĂ© to suicide, she worries about Ben when he discovers her lie. Is she bound to hurt the men she cares about?

A Sin Pointe camping trip provides Hazel her chance to get Ben’s groove back.

Will her webmaster be the one to rock her world?

Sin's Haven is available here!

14 comments:

Carlene Love said...

OOps! The YouTube video isn't up there :) Here you go! http://youtu.be/6PudM8mzoE8
Xoxo,
Carlene

amy bowens said...

Wow loved the video. I think this is something that me and my daughter might try together. You are right there is nothing like a homemade gift.Makes the gift more personal and special to me! Have a Merry Christmas. amybowens34@yahoo.com

amy bowens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlene Love said...

Hi Amy! They're the best and I really think this one is do-able. I hope you and your daughter have a blast with it. Thank you for the Christmas wishes and for stopping by today. :)

Lorraine Lesar said...

Twenty minutes! We shall see, I've got a feeling that it will take me a lot longer!

Lorraine Lesar said...

Twenty minutes! We shall see, I've got a feeling that it will take me a lot longer!

angieia said...

What an awesome idea! I have a bunch of yarn and this would make a great gift for my daughter. Thank you so much for the great gift idea. Enjoyed the blurb about the book.

angiek@cfu.net

Carlene Love said...

Hi Lorraine! You and me both! I say give it a week :) Good luck, Happy Holidays, and thank you for saying hi!

Carlene Love said...

Hi Angie! That is very cool; I love hearing that you've already got the yarn! That will be half of the battle for me...venturing into the craft store. :) It should be fun. And I'm glad you liked the blurb. Happy Holidays, thank you!

elaing8 said...

There's no way I could do that in twenty minutes. My grandmother tried to teach me to knit when I was younger. I kinda do it right.lol.

Carlene Love said...

Hi there Elaing8,
The only thing I've ever done even remotely close to this is a latch hook rug with the pattern marked on there for me. I just keep trying to tell myself it can be done! My hat's off to you for evening being able to knit at all! Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy Holidays :)

Carlene Love said...

Hi! Posting this for Terry Touchstone who enjoyed today's hint but said she was having a hard time getting her comment to show up. :)
Terry Touchstone...on December 12, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:
shoot, i couldn’t leave a comment :( but i enjoyed the video, and saved it for a later date!
Thank you for stopping by today and so glad you liked the video! Merry Christmas!

Laurie Logan said...

Nice project to do with my granddaughter. Thanks!

Carlene Love said...

HI Laurie! So glad this is something the two of you can do together! Thank you so much for stopping and saying hi. If you (and anyone else) end up making one of these scarves, I'd love to see pictures posted to the Evernight Facebook page! Happy Holidays!