Friday, December 13, 2013

25 Days of #HotHolidayHints: Day 13 with Kastil Eavenshade



After the frenzy of National Writing Month, my life doesn't get any less hectic. I'm the official baker of the family. If my Russian Tea Cakes don't make in appearance in separate tins to prevent something akin to a Black Friday sale at Walmart, holiday cheers will be holiday jeers. I do believe I'm the sole reason half the family is diabetic. At least my kitchen in the new house is a lot bigger and easier to work in.
I'm also known for homemade gifts beyond the usual cookie rationing. It's amazing what you can do with some wood stain, an unfinished box from the craft store, and some picture cutouts. I made one for a secret Santa gift using a picture of my friend's daughter and her with a lot of Victorian roses—her favorite flower. I plan on making a few of these for little potpourri holders. You're only limited by your imagination.
Have you ever gotten a gift from the heart for any occasion? I'd love to hear about it!
This year, to spread a little holiday cheer in more way than one, I decided to join my fellow authors in having a free read. Of course I made it Christmas themed. I've always wanted to do a nice saucy holiday number. So I created Holly, which was released on December 6th. I hope to do many more in years to come.


BLURB:
After being dumped last year on Christmas Eve, Chris has tried to forget the girl who broke his heart and made him afraid to commit. When that magical time of the year comes around again, a beautiful vixen visits him in his dreams and fulfills his wildest fantasies. Only she turns out to be a flesh and blood elf from the North Pole. No matter how much he tries to distance himself from mysterious Holly, he can't get her out of his mind. He hatches a plan to keep her from disappearing so he can finally ask her why she torments him body and soul. Is it lust or is it love? Only Holly knows and it's going to take all of Chris's resolve to find out before he falls for her charms.

Download HOLLY for FREE here!

7 comments:

Jessica Hale said...

yum homemade gifts :)

jessicaoz(at)hotmail(dot)com

Kaylyn D said...

That is an awesome cover! I am busy baking at my house too! lol
kaylyndavis1986@yahoo.com

Kaylyn D said...

That is an awesome cover! I am busy baking at my house too! lol
kaylyndavis1986@yahoo.com

angieia said...

My grandmother used to give us homemade gifts at Christmas. We would usually get a crocheted doily and an ornament for the Christmas tree. Those were my favorite presents.
angiek@cfu.net

elaing8 said...

I'll have to get the free read.

My niece always made me Christmas ornaments. Now as an adult she rolls her eyes that I still put them up.

kastil said...

Oh! Ornaments! I completely forgot about doing those. From the time my son was in kindergarten to when he graduated high school, I made ornaments with his picture on them to give out to the family. :)

Shirley Williamson said...

Love the cover! Baking at the holidays is the best! :)
shirleywilliamson13(at)yahoo(dot)com