Sunday, December 15, 2013

25 Days of #HotHolidayHints: Day 15 with Jessica Jayne



Jessica Jayne, today's Hot Holiday Hint hostess, shares her favorite holiday spirit! Leave Jessica a comment for a chance to win a $5 gift certificate. We're giving one away each day!

Last year, my husband and I hosted an “adult only” formal Christmas dinner for us and four other couples. Everyone was required to dress in party attire and bring a side dish. My husband, who is an amazing cook, was in charge of the main dish (he made veal scaloppini) and I was responsible for making the adult beverages. We had wine and beer, but I wanted something Christmassy… something that screamed “Happy Holidays!” Well, I found the perfect drink and it was a hit!

Peppermint Martini


 I know, right? YUM!

1 ¼ oz vanilla vodka
1 ¼ oz white crème de cacao
¾ oz peppermint schnapps
Peppermint candies as a garnish

Directions: Crush some of the peppermint candy in pieces. Wet the rim of the martini glass and dip into the crushed candy.

Combine the vanilla vodka, white crème de cacao and peppermint schnapps in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously. J Strain into a prepped martini glass. Garnish by dropping one or two peppermint candies into the glass.

After a couple of those peppermint martinis, everyone was in the holiday spirit!

Happy Holidays! Love, Jessica Jayne 

Jessica is the author of the Taking Advantage series. 




Taking Advantage, 2

After his divorce, Greg Snow dedicated his life to his work as a corporate attorney in a large law firm and to his membership on the board of directors at Advantage Insurance Company. He liked it that way…at least that’s what he thought until Tessa Mills entered his life.

Growing up with an alcoholic mother and never knowing her father, Tessa Mills has not had an easy life. And her relationship decisions have been less than stellar. But she’s finally making a life for herself and running her own business—a yoga studio. It’s her saving grace and that’s all she needs…until Greg Snow turns her world upside down.

Tessa and Greg have a strong attraction, but is it enough to overcome all their differences?

Find BOARD APPROVED here!

8 comments:

amy bowens said...

Love the peppermint martini. It looks yummy! Going to make that tonight ! I really enjoyed this book as well as your others. Look forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Christmas! amybowens34@yahoo.com



Kaylyn D said...

I can see me drinking that martini on Christmas Eve. Lol great cover.
kaylyndavis1986@yahoo.com

elaing8 said...

That drink sounds good :) I will have to try it.

Cheryl M said...

I am not much of a drinker, having grown up in a "dry" household, but love anything peppermint so this recipe sounds divine.

cam231948@gmail.com

Margaret Hughes said...

That peppermint martini sounds delicious - I'm not much of a drinker but I think I'd like this! Happy Holidays!

Lorraine Lesar said...

Never heard of peppermint schnapps before, got to give it a try!

angieia said...

I remember reading the blurbs for this series and they are on my TBR pile. The peppermint martini sounds really good. I am going to have to try it.

angiek@cfu.net

love to read said...

That sounds delicious I'll definitely have to try it. Thank you