Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25 Days of #HotHolidayHints: Day 17 with Morgan King


Morgan King shares her love of the holidays with us on Day 17 of 25 Days of Hot Holiday Hints. Leave Morgan a comment to enter to win a $5 gift certificate. We're giving one away each day!

So, I’ve been reading and loving all the holiday hints, and wondering what tip to share, because to be honest I love celebrating anything seasonal and collect traditions like elves collect letters to Santa.
I considered sharing ones that I’ve seen and want to do, but have never quite gotten around to like this advent tree where for every day you write something Christmassy you’d like to do then hang it on a special tree ready to be picked throughout advent:


I thought of something my son, my mother and I do every year which is go choose a real tree and have it pulled to our car by New Foundland dogs to help raise money for charity – this one seemed a little unfair unless you live close to somewhere that does this.

So, in the end I decided to share something I will definitely be doing, for the first time this year, and that is NOT cooking on Christmas Day. I did debate take-away, convinced one somewhere near me will be open, but instead I am going to cook a Christmas meal on Christmas Eve and picnic on the day itself. I just need to find a Christmassy picnic rug!

The reason I’ve decided to do this is because I want time to actually enjoy Christmas day with my family, to not have to worry about timings. I want to play with my son and his new toys; he is getting more than one light saber just for this purpose. I want to visit my dad at the Care Home where he lives without clock watching. I don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen, and I don’t want anyone else to be either.

Boxing day onwards we will get fed Turkey and other cooked meals galore at other relatives houses, but Christmas Day for me and my immediate family will be about enjoying our time together, doing exactly what we want when we feel like it. It’s going to be a great celebration!

So, my Handy Holiday Hint to you lovely Evernight readers is at Christmas do what makes you happy and stuff traditions that don’t work instead of a turkey.

If what makes you happy is reading and you fancy being whisked away to a fantasy land during this magical season let me introduce you to my Naughty Fairytale…



Ever wondered why the princess with a pea in her bed really couldn’t sleep? Wonder no more, in No Rest for the Prince’s Virgin you'll discover what the Prince was doing to keep her up all night…

Prince Wilhelm needs to marry, but cannot find a wife to suit. Then on the night of a storm Katrine is swept into his life like magic. He is determined to seduce this beautiful, lost, woman, using all his powers of seduction—including those in the bedroom.

Katrine is no princess and does not feel she deserves the Prince’s attentions. But her fear is not enough to stop her from falling head over heels in love, even though fate and jealous ladies conspire against them. 

Will Katrine and Wilhelm overcome the difficulties they face in order to have a fairy tale ending?

Find NO REST FOR THE PRINCE'S VIRGIN here!




10 comments:

amy bowens said...

I too will not be cooking on Christmas! I have gave that job to other family members im usually so tired on Christmas day and I never get to enjoy the time with my kids. Loved this book and the cover is hot, hot,hot! Hope you have a merry Christmas!
amybowens34@yahoo.com

Vanessa N. said...

This year I also will not be cooking but will be going to my Aunt's house because she wanted to have a get together on Christmas Day.

mythic021@gmail.com

Lorraine Lesar said...

I think that is a wonderful idea. I love the idea of spending special time and playing with your family on this festive day. A picnic is a original and fun plan, hope the weather holds or else it will be in front of the fire!

Life Without Frank said...

I am hosting Christmas this year so my kitchen will be full with mom, mother-in-law, cousins, aunts and friends all chipping in to help feed the crowd. Hopefully we don't trip over each other!

Anne said...

Your picnic is very similar to what my parents do and have done since I can remember. They have an antipasto set out all day on Christmas for people to graze. It's usually all stuff good at room temperature: salami, tuna, cheeses, veggies, fruit, etc. When we kids got older and could be vocal with our unhappiness my mother made a crock pot of sloppy joe mix which we could eat from at will. Since that was the only time of the year she made sloppy joes, we were thrilled.

acm05atjuno.com

Jennifer Denys said...

Sounds good to me! Everyone keeps trying to get me to spend Christmas with them thinking it must be lonely being by myself..... but actually, it is incredibly relaxing. I can do what I want, eat what I want, watch what I want... and I don't have any kids screaming that they are bored!

Enjoy :)

angieia said...

I have already declined Christmas Day invitations to sit home and read. I really enjoy reading and the holidays are so stressful that I prefer to read and get lost in my books!
angiek@cfu.net

Marie Mattingly-Woods said...

We leave in a few minutes to travel to my in-laws where we will be until Christmas day. I'm just along for the ride. No hostess responsibilities for me this year.

elaing8 said...

I have no kids so I'm the official cooker for the extended family.

have fun playing with the light sabers
Merry Christmas.

authormorganking said...

Sounds like everyone is set for a really great Christmas. I'm sure whatever we're doing we'll all fit some reading in ;-)I have over a week off work so I've already stocked up on books. I do need to know what a Sloppy Joe is though?!?