Thursday, December 19, 2013

25 Days of #HotHolidayHints: Day 19 with Elyzabeth M. VaLey


Author Elyzabeth M. VaLey shares her gift wrapping hint on Day19 of 25 Days of Hot Holiday Hints. Leave Elyzabeth a comment below for a chance to win a $5 gift certificate. We're giving one away each day!


Lo and behold, the holidays are around the corner and if you’re anything like me you’ll leave wrapping gifts to the last minute (hopefully not shopping- I made that error last year and could be found searching for the perfect gift for my mom at 2pm on December 24th). The problem arises when woes of all woes you discover that you don’t have any wrapping paper. However, I have the solution! [Insert super hero song here] There are several things you can do:

1.     Despair and go on a messy mission to find that scrap of wrapping paper you were certain you had saved for an emergency like this. 


2.     Draw something. The therapeutic qualities of putting your frustration down into a swirl of colors and doodles will not only make you feel better but will be useful too as wrapping paper. Just fold, tape, wiggle and voilĂ , you’ve got a beautiful personalized wrapped gift.  


3.     If like me, drawing is not really your thing, you can always print a design. Find a pretty pattern you like on the internet, or choose something from Word, print and wrap. 


4.     Newspapers and magazines are not only useful to know what’s going on in the world. If any of your family members have a thing about piling up old newspapers and magazines, dig into them, find the prettiest pages (the comic section or ads with beautiful backgrounds work wonders) and wrap away. 


5.     Finally, if you have some skills and some crepe paper, it can be folded, molded and sculpted into beautiful things.

Whatever you use, remember to have fun!
 Happy Holidays! 

Elyzabeth is the author of THE GOLDEN COCK from our Naughty Fairy Tales line.


Kind-hearted Vincent Stowe spent years with an inferiority complex until, one day, after accepting to help an older woman with an odd request he receives a life-changing gift.

“Ice Duchess” Brielle is desperate for a solution to her inability to orgasm, so when word about a man with a magical cock reaches her ears, she decides that he just might be what she needs.

Will Vincent’s "Golden Cock" be enough for the "Ice Duchess", or will something else come to play along the way?

Find THE GOLDEN COCK here!



11 comments:

amy bowens said...

I've have to use newspaper on more than one occasion! No one really cares about the paper only what's in the paper. Love the title of this book I wish there was one really out there! Although I'm sure some men think theirs is lol. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas
amybowens34@yahoo.com

Life Without Frank said...

My lifesaver has been paper grocery store bags, I tear them apart and decorate them with stickers, drawings, glued phrases from newspapers on them, ribbons, all kinds of things.

Happy Holidays and thanks for hosting!

Shannon
sabai30705 at yahoo dot com

ShirleyAnn said...

Never had a problem with wrapping paper but tags are the ones you can never get enough of. If you haven't thrown last years Christmas cards away cut out the pictures and add a bit of ribbon and you have a great Christmas tags for your presents.

ShirleyAnn@speakman40.freeserve.co.uk

Jenni J. said...

I love going all out with wrapping. It is usually just as fun as opening presents! Thanks for the helpful hint, I love name tags!
Jenni

jjacobs21 at radford dot edu

Angieia said...

When I run out of wrapping paper the Sunday comics are my go-to.

angiek@cfu.net

Marie Mattingly-Woods said...

Done Brown grocery bags but not newspaper.

Marie Mattingly-Woods said...

Marie.mattingly88@gmail.com

Anne said...

I've read that some people use the comics section of the Sunday newspaper.

Anne said...

acm05atjuno.com (does it say somewhere that we're supposed to put our emails?)

Elyzabeth M. VaLey said...

@Amy: LOL I'm sure some men do think theirs is!

@Shannon: Stickers! I used to collect them and always had a hard time parting with them. LOL But they are great for decorating!

@Shirley: Great idea for the tag! My family is small, so we usually go by instinct on what belong to whom. :P

@Jenni: I love looking at the pretty wrapping! It's not the first time that I've carefully unwrapped a gift and kept the paper :P

@Angieia: Hear! Hear!

@Marie: We don't have paper grocery bags here, so I've never tried it :-)

@Anne: That I have used! It's colorful :-)

Merry Christmas everyone! :-D

elaing8 said...

I always buy 1/2 price wrapping paper on Boxing day. And just keep it with the Christmas boxes so I know where it is the next year.