Saturday, December 21, 2013

25 Days of #HotHolidayHints: Day 21 with Nikki Prince


Author Nikki Prince gives us her top 5 favorite traditions she shares with her children on Day 21 of 25 Days of Hot Holiday Hints. Leave Nikki a comment below for a chance to win a $5 gift certificate. We're giving one away each day!

When I sit back and think of Christmas I love to think of all the great memories and traditions that my family had as I was growing up. Now I am the mother of two children and it’s my turn to make holiday memories for them. So here are some of the traditions that I have with my children:

1.    We watch Christmas movies all of December with a Christmas theme.
2.    Hot chocolate is a must.
3.    We decorate our tree together.
4.    We sing Christmas songs together.
5.    And of course a special Christmas dinner.

My story On Angel’s Wings speaks a lot on tradition and finding happiness where you can.  


Can his love mend her broken heart?

Alexa Gray has had more than one tragedy strike at Christmas. The thought of moving on makes her feel she’s staining the memory of the love she shared with her dead husband and child. Can guardian angel Angelo show her she has more love inside her to give?

Find ON ANGEL'S WINGS here


11 comments:

amy bowens said...

It is so nice to have holiday tradition's with your children! I too share in all the joy my children give me as we decorate our tree while singing Christmas songs and then we set on the sofa and look at the tree with the lights on sipping hot chocolate. There is nothing like it. I love the cover of your book definitely going to check it out. Thanks and have a merry Christmas
amybowens34@yahoo.com

Marie Mattingly-Woods said...

Our holiday tradition is that every other Christmas we travel to AZ to see my in-laws so the kids can spend Christmas with the grandparents that they only get to see a few times a year. Marie.mattingly88@gmail.com

Author Nikki Prince said...

What great traditions you two! There is nothing like family for sure and traditions are such a wonderful thing to have. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Nikki

angieia said...

When my kids were younger and lived at home we would go to the candlelight Christmas Eve service at church. They enjoyed singing all of the carols. We would also drive around and look at everyone's Christmas decorations.
angiek@cfu.net

Naomi Hop said...

We do a lot of stuff together too... And we use our Christmas Dinnerware all month too, so we get good use out of it!! Thanks so much for sharing today!

Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
nomispp AT gmail DOT com

love to read said...

Love your traditions especially watching the Christmas movies, that naked the memories that stay with us as we grow up

love to read said...

Forgot to leave my email it is cjlps23 at gmail dot com

elaing8 said...

great traditions. this year I have been watching a lot of Christmas movies and enjoying the season more.

ShirleyAnn said...

It's wonderful to have Christmas traditions. When I was young we always visited my Mum's sister and her family she always had a big Christmas tree in the lounge beside a huge fireplace. It was great getting up Christmas morning and seeing all the presents under the tree it always looked so wonderful. We always opened the presents sitting by the huge fireplace.

ShirleyAnn said...

oops I forgot my e-mail address:
ShirleyAnn@speakman40.freeserve.co.uk

Author Nikki Prince said...

Thanks all for stopping by. Good luck!