Holidays are a time of indulgence and R. Brennan is here to tempt you with her easy, no-bake recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars on the 20th day of Hot Holiday Hints. Leave her a comment below for a chance to win a $5 Evernight gift card!
I’m so excited to be here today. I just love when Evernight Publishing has these events. I already have a small notebook of tips and hints to try out next year from the posts so far. Thanks for coming by to check out my Hot Holiday Hint. You guys are going to LOVE this one. J
As I don’t have to tell you all, there's no busier time of year than the Winter Holidays. While most of the treats we make this time of year are the baked kind, these are a favorite of mine because they're completely no-bake. No baking, and every bit as decadent as anything else you’ll find in your Christmas cookie tin.
Note: Setting time is important on this one, so don't skimp on the 4-hour refrigeration time. I promise you will absolutely be glad you did.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 4 hours 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 36
Cookie Dough Layer:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese - softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream - whipped stiff
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate coating pieces
1. Cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
2. Add flour until a soft dough forms. Fold in chocolate morsels.
3. Press cookie dough layer evenly into an 8x10 pan with straight sides.
4. Blend cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in heavy whipped cream.
5. Spread over top of cookie dough layer and cover with plastic wrap so that wrap is not touching the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Melt chocolate chips or coating until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cream cheese layer evenly and refrigerate for another 2 hours or overnight until firm. Cover with plastic wrap that is not touching the chocolate top layer.
7. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting with a heated and dry knife.
You are so going to thank me for this one once you (or your family) get a taste of these treats. But, really, how can you go wrong with cookie dough and cheesecake in one dessert? I really don’t think it’s possible…
Here’s wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
R. Brennan's short story, Lock, Stock, and Spank Her, is in The Crimson Rope Anthology. The Crimson rope was named Runner-Up for Best BDSM book in our Readers' Choice Awards!
Unleash your kinky side with six titillating BDSM tales…
Let The Crimson Rope bind you in an erotic adventure sure to please, with skilled Doms and sexy submissives that are willing to explore their boundaries. From pleasured gasps to stinging desire, the authors of this anthology will not only seduce you, but leave you begging for more.
Be Warned: BDSM, rimming, spanking, anal sex, public exhibition
Find The Crimson Rope here!